Happy Holidays

>> Thursday, December 25, 2008

From everyone here at Curly Tail Pug Rescue and all the pugs; We wish you a joyous, healthy, and peaceful holiday season!


~ the Curly Tail Gang


The Reason (to you from all your rescue dogs)

I would've died that day if not for you.
I would've given up on life if not for your kind eyes.
I would've used my teeth in fear if not for your gentle hands.
I would have left this life believing that all humans don't care
Believing there is no such thing as fur that isn't matted
skin that isn't flea bitten
good food and enough of it
beds to sleep on
someone to love me
to show me I deserve love just because I exist.
Your kind eyes, your loving smile, your gentle hands
Your big heart saved me...

You saved me from the terror of the pound,
Soothing away the memories of my old life.
You have taught me what it means to be loved.
I have seen you do the same for other dogs like me.
I have heard you ask yourself in times of despair
Why you do it
When there is no more money, no more room, no more homes
You open your heart a little bigger, stretch the money a little tighter
Make just a little more room...to save one more like me.
I tell you with the gratitude and love that shines in my eyes
In the best way I know how
Reminding you why you go on trying.

I am the reason
The dogs before me are the reason
As are the ones who come after.
Our lives would've been wasted, our love never given
We would die if not for you

0 comments:

About This Blog

We find beauty in the most incomprehensible places and otherwise homely faces. It's our gift to see beyond the dirt, terror, sadness and defeat to find the true soul that lies within.... we are a rescue.

Donate

We cannot do it without your help!

Click Here to make a Paypal donation